Google Now is happened to be the best thing that you could get in jelly bean 4.1 phones. It’s like your own personal secretary that stays with you throughout, unlike any other feature of ICS. But not anymore because now, your ICS phone could also get Google Now without its voice search feature, provided your phone is running ASOP ICS ROM else it won’t work.
Though without the voice search feature Google Now would be half as good as the one in jelly bean but still its worth having in your ICS as it will be enriched with a lot of other good stuff that comes along Google Now. However to get it in your ICS, follow the steps;
- Download the APK
- Open root explorer or other root enabled file explorer and go to / system
- Tap the “Mount R/W” button, then scroll down to build.prop and press and hold on it. Tap “Open in Text Editor”
- Find the line that says ro.build.version.sdk=15 and change it to readro.build.version.sdk=16. Press the menu button and tap “Save and Exit”
- Goto /system/app and hold-press GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk. Rename it toGoogleQuickSearchBox.apk1. If that file doesn’t exist just skip this step
- Reboot your phone and install the Google Now APK
- Go back and edit build.prop as described in step two, and change thero.build.version.sdk line back to 15
- Reboot your phone one last time and you are done!!