Wednesday, April 3, 2013
Here is the Resource Page:http://www.ghacks.net/2013/04/02/fire...
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mozillateam/firefox-next
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install firefox
The Whistle Noise in the Video is my Dog Sleeping on my Desk Snoring next to me while I do my Linux Work lol......
Here we come to the issue of seventh version maintenance of the family of kernel 3.6, version 3.6.7 . We arrived in a very short time, well seven maintenance releases of the family 3.6.! Apparently the problems never end, and it is essential to update the kernel to avoid running into bugs found in previous versions. In all cases, the update 3.6.7 brings significant improvements in audio handling (ALSA), in particular USB sound cards. We see, also, to solve some annoying bugs that plagued the Radeon drivers and XFS filesystem.
This is following the news, you can also consult the page on the full changelog :
- ALSA: usb-audio: Fix mutex deadlock at disconnection
- ALSA: Fix refcount unbalance card
- ALSA: usb-audio: Fix races at disconnection
- DRM / Radeon: Fix legacy on primary DAC Load Detection.
- xfs: fix buffer shudown reference count mismatch
- xfs: fix reading of wrapped log data
- cfg80211: fix antenna gain handling
- drm / vmwgfx: Fix a case where the code would BUG When trying to pin GMR memory
- drm / vmwgfx: Fix hibernation device reset
- mmc: sdhci: fix NULL dereference in sdhci_request () tuning
- l2tp: fix oops in l2tp_eth_create () error path
- net: usb: Fix memory leak on Tx data path
- net: fix SecPath kmemleak
- tcp: fix FIONREAD / SIOCINQ
- ipv4: Fix flushing of cached routing informations
- sctp: fix call to SCTP_CMD_PROCESS_SACK in sctp_cmd_interpreter ()
- batman-adv: Fix broadcast packet CRC calculation
- NFS: fix bug in legacy DNS resolver.
- mac80211: fix IBSS SSID copy on JOIN
- drm/i915: fix overlay on i830M
Install Linux Kernel 3.6.7 on Ubuntu
If you want to easily and quickly install the new kernel on your Ubuntu (12.10/12.04/11.10 the recommended versions), my advice is to rely script found below. That’s all you have to do! Open a terminal and type:
cd / tmp wget
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/47950494/upubuntu.com/linux -kernel-3.6.7-O linux-kernel-3.6.7
chmod x + linux-kernel-3.6.7
sudo sh linux-kernel-3.6.7
Now reboot the system and verify that the version is actually 3.6.6 using the command:
As usual, in case you want to remove the new kernel, just follow this guide .
WARNING : If you have any problems (like black screen) and you have an Nvidia card, open a terminal emergency (beating Keyboard ALT + CTRL + F1 , or F2 … up to F8) and type the following commands:
cd / usr/src/linux-headers-3.6.7-030607/arch/x86/include
sudo cp -v generated / asm / unistd *. / asm
Of course, the path to you might be a little different (if, for example, you have a 64, the x86 bit from the previous command could become x86_64).
NB: after installing the new kernel, the possibility exists that some drivers (eg. video and wireless) stop working . It’s all about uninstalling and then reinstalling before rebooting the system (you may find yourself unable to use the graphical interface or the wireless network) or using an old kernel .