Friday, August 10, 2012

LinHES 7.4


Cecil Watson has announced the release of LinHES 7.4, an Arch-based distribution centred around MythTV and designed for Home Theatre PCs (HTPC): "It was nine years ago today that KnoppMyth R1 was first released. It was also 9 years ago when I first met R. Dale Thomas (rdt). Unfortunately, the good ones depart us all too soon. I miss my friend and so it is in his honor I release LinHES R7.4 to mark the ninth anniversary of KnoppMyth/LinHES. The changelog is sparse. This release is primarily to mark the anniversary and to remember our friend. ripD was originally written by me but he spruced it up a great deal. It originally only mirrored a DVD. Since MythTV no longer has menu entries for backup your DVD, I've added the functionality to LinHES. Also included is MythTV 0.25.2. If you are running LinHES R7.3, a simple 'pacman -Syu' will do." Here is the brief release announcement. Download: LinHES_R7.4.iso (693MB, MD5).

No comments:

Post a Comment