Friday, September 7, 2012

Pentoo 2012.0 Beta 2


Michael Zanetta has announced the availability of the second beta release of Pentoo 2012.0, a Gentoo-based distribution with a collection of utilities for penetration testing: "It's my favorite time of year again, the really short lul between Defcon and Derbycon. I've used my free time to polish up all the bug reports from our Defcon beta release and kick out a shiny new release. Many surprises await you, but I'm not building up a bug-fix beta more than I already have. New things: default hardened setup, torrent download. Live to hack, hack to live. If my dedication isn't obvious, today is my anniversary but here I am uploading betas, etc. You will not find a team of volunteers more dedicated than ours, so test the release and submit bugs so we can make it even better for you." Here is the brief release announcement with a link to the project's bug reporting page. Interested beta testers can download the live DVD image via BitTorrent: pentoo-x86_64-2012.0_beta2.iso (1,484MB).

No comments:

Post a Comment