The new version of GNOME MPlayer , the 1.0.7 release is available from October 30, but today only a PPA – among other things dedicated to Lubuntu – has been updated and it will allow us to easily install GNOME MPlayer 1.0.7 also on Ubuntu . Among the new features are support for the MPRIS v2 and integration into tone menu of Ubuntu , along with many other improvements. For the uninitiated, MPlayer is a multimedia player for GNOME GTK2/GTK3 that, besides playing audio and video files, supports DVD chapters and MKV , recovery of covers from Amazon.com for audio files and many other useful functions.
Here are the changes in version 1.0.7 GNOME MPlayer:
- Implemented MPRIS2
- Support for the anamorphic aspect ratio (2.39:1)
- Screensaver inhibit rework (inhibits screensaver When a video is playing)
- Use the GTK3 symbolic icons when running in GTK3 mode
- y, g, and J hotkeys hotkeys to match mplayer
- Many bug fixes, including: scroll wheel fix, preferences & dconf issue fixes, fixes and more keyboard shortcuts.
The official changelog is available at this address .
Install GNOME MPlayer 1.0.7 on Linux Mint/UbuntuTo install on L / Ubuntu 12.10 GNOME MPlayer 1.0.7, just open the terminal and type:
Into sudo add-apt-repository ppa: gilir / LubuntuInto That’s all, see you soon!
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install