Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Pentoo 2012.0 Beta


Michael Zanetta has announced the availability of the initial beta build of Pentoo 2012.0, a Gentoo-based live DVD featuring a collection of applications and tools designed to perform penetration testing: "The Pentoo team is pleased to announce public beta of Pentoo 2012. Yesterday at Defcon I was able to finally complete building of our brand new beta. I now present to you, the best pen-testing distro I was able to whip out in three days of heavy drinking and partying while walking around with my laptop all of Defcon constantly looking for a source of power to keep compile going. This ISO image has had nearly no QA at all, but I can promise it will rock your socks. I'm not going to say much here, except please try it. (Still 64-bit only for now, sorry.)" Visit the project's home page and its Blogspot page to read the two brief release announcements. Download: pentoo-x86_64-2012.0_betazero.iso (1,458MB, SHA512).

No comments:

Post a Comment